1) Bringing forth & nurturing new life, is understood to be the basis of the creation of our nations.
2) Historically, In land-based communities, if the men were away from the community for long periods of time, women were expected to be independent and self-reliant.
3) Generations of strong women (grandmothers, aunts, and mothers) shaped the way they learned to understand themselves and their position in the world.
4) Importance of Relationships: Awareness & Respect for interconnected systems in the Universe.
5) Understanding about Life: All living beings have a natural lifespan. The cycle of birth, growth, maturation, and decline is essential to the worlds harmony.